Ballet Talk for Dancers

what to do in an audition?

whatevs

Hi! This is my first post here. ;)

I'm a 19-year-old returning ballet student, and I just got back to dancing ballet this year. Prior to my going back to ballet, I've been dancing jazz. I really love dancing and even though I know that I'm already too old to go pro, I'm still hoping to be able to get en pointe, at least. The thing is, my turnout is bad and this really frustrates me because I can't seem to do anything about it. (could i have a surgery for that? haha.)

However, my teacher talked to me one time and asked if I was willing to take the next level class (for free!) And she also told me that this is so that I could prepare for the auditions for scholarship at the end of the year.

Well, I'm dead scared of auditions. What should I do to prepare for it?

• Administrators

Hello whatevs, welcome to Ballet Talk for Dancers :)

Auditions are usually just classes, so, you prepare for them by taking classes! :wink: Really, that is all there is to do. Take as many classes as you can and work really hard, do some extra stretching and work on your rotation outside of class, and hopefully you will be well prepared for the audition class! :thumbsup:

I've always heard from my teachers to always be yourself. Dance who you are and don't try too hard, cause they notice. Really listen and feel the music.

Best of luck on your auditions!