Ballet Talk for Dancers

Alessandra Ferri to retire

Guest kacy

Well. She's already 43, so I knew she'd be retiring soon, but still. WHY couldn't I have been born earlier?!? And had the opportunity to see all these purportedly gorgeous dancers live when they were in their heyday? I've only ever seen Alessandra Ferri in those gorgeous publicity shots for ABT and in some online video clips. She's so beautiful. :ermm: End of an era, I should think.

- Meggy

• 1 month later...
WHY couldn't I have been born earlier?!? And had the opportunity to see all these purportedly gorgeous dancers live when they were in their heyday? I've only ever seen Alessandra Ferri in those gorgeous publicity shots for ABT and in some online video clips

Meggy,

Try to get hold of the DVD of her Giselle filmed at La Scala, available through Amazon: Ferri/Giselle

Alessandra Ferri's Giselle may spoil you for all other Giselles!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Does anyone know how I can get tickets for her last performance in Tokyo to be delivered overseas? The ticketing websites linking to the official performance website only provides delivery to Japan addresses :)

eurydice, her last show has been sold out for several weeks. :yawn: sorry

Actually her last performance of Manon was supposed to be last thursday, but we couldn't get tickets. Then someone got sick and she was put in for saterday, and we got to see it! She is so phenomonal.

I love how much expression she uses, she does the near impossible-makes it look as if it is not work.

*personal brag board-I got her autograph!!!!!!!!!

WHY couldn't I have been born earlier?!? And had the opportunity to see all these purportedly gorgeous dancers live when they were in their heyday? I've only ever seen Alessandra Ferri in those gorgeous publicity shots for ABT and in some online video clips. She's so beautiful. :innocent: End of an era, I should think.

Yes, I was thinking exactly the same thing just the other day! I recently dug up an old video of "Romeo and Juliet" with the Royal Ballet and a (I believe...) 20-year-old Alessandra Ferri as Juliet. The FEELING she puts into everything! You can virtually feel Juliet's pain when you watch Alessandra dance that role. I also found myself sighing out loud at some points; she just looked soooo beautiful - her dancing looks weightless and effortless and oh so smooth! A phenominal dancer!

I truly regret never having been able to see her dancing live sometime. *sigh* ..........

thekboose -- THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! :wub::dry::sweating::P

Alessandra Ferri is my very favorite dancer, and I was hoping there would be some footage of her final performance!

Also, if you go to youtube and search 'Alessandra Ferri Farewell' Their are sevral clips of her curtain call.

(I hope that is ok mods. seeing as it is not a link but just a suggestion of how to get their)

No problem, dance4. :)

Apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere, but there was an interesting article in the Sunday NY Times a few weeks ago that reported that not only Alessandra Ferri but also Kyra Nichols from the NY City Ballet, Darcy Bussel from the Royal Ballet and Patricia Barker from PNB all retired during June.