Ballet Talk for Dancers

possible knee injury

ConstanzaElisabeth

About a week or so ago, I went for a jog. I usually dont do much running, although I do quite a lot of strenuous walking. It was either then or the next time that I went walking(haven't run since) that I started having severe pain in my knee. Putting weight on the leg, moving it quickly, and bending the knee hurts under the patella and at the top of the tibia, slightly to the lateral side. I don't see or feel any inflammation, but I've been icing anyways and trying to rest it. Even slight movement and certain resting positions are causing great pain today. Any ideas on what I might've done or what to do about it?

Any unexplained pain anywhere is a prima facie reason to see a doctor. I'm not even going to try to guess what could be wrong, because there are so many possibilities.

Guest LondonBallet

:blink:

This is completly true. I also have a knee injury that formed from running and just putting a lot of pressure on them. I have Patellar Tendonitis and it is a pain but just work through it and use ice.

Keep On Dancing!

• Administrators

Hello LondonBallet, welcome to Ballet Talk for Dancers.

I see you have posted on both YD forums, 13-16 and 17-22. Please stay within your age group on the Young Dancer forums. Also, it is not necessary to quote every previous post in your post. Please look for the reply button, which is below the "reply button.

Advice on Ballet Talk for Dancers is given by the teacher/moderators. In this particular topic the advice from Mr. Johnson was to see a doctor, not to work through it and keep dancing. Please spend some time reading our forums, and especially the "Sticky" topics at the top of each forum, which is explain how we work here, and what is appropriate on each forum.

Yes, there are a lot of rules, and it is a strictly moderated board. That is what makes it valid, and very different from most talk boards. It just takes a bit of time to understand and you will be fine! :blink:

About a week or so ago, I went for a jog. I usually dont do much running, although I do quite a lot of strenuous walking. It was either then or the next time that I went walking(haven't run since) that I started having severe pain in my knee. Putting weight on the leg, moving it quickly, and bending the knee hurts under the patella and at the top of the tibia, slightly to the lateral side. I don't see or feel any inflammation, but I've been icing anyways and trying to rest it. Even slight movement and certain resting positions are causing great pain today. Any ideas on what I might've done or what to do about it?

dear friend,(i don't know very good english :blushing: ) i had the same thing at my left knee you should go to doctor and see it! it needs rest and ice (live the ice ten minutes on the knee)....the pain was caused by standing in wrong positions....i have x legs if you know what i mean (i can stretch them more than natural) but this kind of pain can caused also from an injury......that's all i know......i hope that i helped a bit.....bye

Welcome to Ballet Talk for Dancers, angie...ballet!

Please go over to the Welcome Forum and introduce yourself!! Tell us all we need to know about ballet in Greece :blushing:

• 1 month later...