Ballet Talk for Dancers

Go to next level?

Guest Prima.Dreams

Guest Prima.Dreams

This ballet season has been HORRIBLE. I've had many health issues with my tendons, calves, bunions, and kidneys. I've got another kidney infection right now as I type.

I just started going back to ballet after recovering from tendon issues and a bad kidney infection. I had been out for 2 months and I'm doing great right now! But I'll have to leave ballet for another week or two because of this kidney infection I have now. Things just keep popping up, and I am falling way behind.

I know I can't controll all this and it's just something that I've dealt with for my whole life. I'm not even sure if ballet is possible this year o_o I can barely take 1 30 minute class. I've been real worried about my career with dancing.

So I guess my question is...

A) Should I leave ballet until all problems are resolved and I can go a month without something popping up?

B) Should I take lower level calsses and request to be held back next year and catch up?

Thanks!

-PD

Ask your primary care physician what you should do. A 30-minute class isn't going to do you a bit of good. You need sustained good health in order to be able to improve, or even maintain, technique. I'd opt for cure before returning to ballet.