Ballet Talk for Dancers

School help!

• Administrators

We don't make choices for you, liz-ka. All we can do is point out the advantages and disadvantages of various ways of doing things. In your case, we would first ask whether you want to be a dancer or an artist of a different kind, and then we would ask about your training now. Choices of direction in your life need to be made by you! :thumbsup:

I do want to be a dancer and right now i am dancing in the "jazz and ballet academy" teacher Nadia tencer, i have been excepted to national ballet of canada school once but didn't want to go. So i just want to know wat schools have good education and ballet dancing.

• Administrators

I don't know much about the schools in Canada, liz-ka, but I would certainly wonder why you would turn down the National Ballet School?

i turned down 'cause they no give residence and i will not drive to down town every day. Also my friend goes there and she doesn't like for reasons i don't know

• Administrators

Liz-ka, how old are you? How long have you been studying? How badly do you want to dance? National does have a residence, but if you live in Toronto I would imagine that they would expect you to commute, I don't know. But one person you know saying something negative is really not a reason to turn down one of the best schools anywhere.

I think it depends on your objectives. If you wish to study recreationally, then stay where you are if you are happy there. If you wish to dance professionaly, then NBS is necessary.

Millie, I think you missed the part about where Liz-ka studies. She wrote that she is with the Academy of Ballet and Jazz and studies with Nadia Veselova Tencer. You know that there are several professional dancers that have come out of that school, including my daughter. NBS is not the only place turning out professional dancers in Toronto. If a student wishes to dance professionally, the Academy of Ballet and Jazz will enable her to do so. If a student wants to remain at a recreational level, then they can do that there, too. The amount of classes and levels at the school fulfills all needs.

• 2 weeks later...