Ballet Talk for Dancers

Blue Tights - Where can you buy them???

Joseph11

I think this quesiton was asked before, but does anyone know where to find/buy blue tights? (footed or footless). I can't seem to locate them anywhere. I mostly wear M-Stevens, size medium, and those are hard enough to find.

Please post links to any recommended retailers for men's/boys ballet wear.

thank you.

Funny how Capezio shows a dancer wearing flesh ballet flats. Capezio does not make them in that color.

You might be better off dyeing the tights. NY Dancewear (nydancewear.com) will custom make almost any piece of dancewear in any color.

I tried to dye a unitard for Halloween as superman, one unitard came out perfect, the other came out tie-died.

Best regards,

Mike

Actually, Mike, they do. Just check Capeziostore for the new line of Men's Cobras.

As far as getting blue tights in the right shade of blue, I always had good luck with Capezio when I gave them a color chip or swatch to match.

tutu.com has M. Stevens, and will dye one or two pair for you to any color for $7. They say "M. Stevens' white Milliskin products dye very well, to nearly any color" I believe the owner has two dancing sons, which is why they have some decent men's gear.

I have no connection to them, just a happy customer.

• 2 weeks later...
I think this quesiton was asked before, but does anyone know where to find/buy blue tights? (footed or footless). I can't seem to locate them anywhere. I mostly wear M-Stevens, size medium, and those are hard enough to find.

Please post links to any recommended retailers for men's/boys ballet wear.

thank you.

Tutu.com will custom dye your MStevens tights for $7 Get the point dancewear.com is their sister site.

• 1 month later...

The RAD online shop offers marine blue tights (exam uniform for vocational grades)

• 1 month later...