Ballet Talk for Dancers

Ballet San Jose

Taradriver

Last night my hubby and I saw BSJ's production of "Blue Suede Shoes" which is also known as the Elvis ballet. AD Dennis Nahat choreographed Blue Suede Shoes originally, and it was revived for this season. Costumes by Bob Mackie and were fantastic. Music from original Elvis master recordings.

Cannot even tell you how much I enjoyed this ballet! The production values were excellent, the dancers just breathtaking . . . and I loved how much the rest of the audience got into it. Yes, the ladies were en pointe (no bobby socks), pony tails and poodle skirts notwithstanding.

This is one ballet that could have a great run in Vegas . . .

I saw Ballet San Jose perform Giselle last November with my ballet school. It was lovely! Maria Jacobs was wonderful as Giselle and so tiny! One of the other dancers sat next to one of BSJ's costumers and apperantly she's only 4'8". We were treated to a backstage tour and met some of the dancers, including the guest artist who danced Albrecht (I don't remember his name, unfortunately), and also the AD. It was a great experience, I really liked how diverse their company is.