Ballet Talk for Dancers

Adult classes in Miami and Raleigh, NC

I'm travelling to Miami and Raleigh this coming week and I might have time to drop in on classes (I hope so.) Does anybody have any particular places to recommend? I am working at the beginner level.

My old teacher teaches in Miami at the Ballet Academy of Miami, 3496 NW 7th St, Miami, 33125 - (305) 444-3331; His credentials are great- Joffrey alum, former director of Boston Ballet 2.

Martha Mahr's school is excellent as well, although I'm not sure about their class schedule: 137 Giralda Ave Coral Gables, FL 33134 (305) 446-5238.

Miami City Ballet on Lincoln ave in SoBe has community classes, and Thomas Armour's old school Miami Conservatory of Ballet may as well.

You can PM me specifics if you'd like (location, levels, etc)and I'll fill in what I can- That was my dance community for 24 years!

Missvjc420,

Miami City Ballet is no longer located on Lincoln Rd. The address is 2200 Liberty Ave in South Beach (Miami Beach).

The open classes at MCB are excellent. They are from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM on Tuesdays and Thursdays. 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM on Monday and Wednesdays. Fridays from 6:30 to 7:30.

Have fun on vacation! :)