Ballet Talk for Dancers

nettenut

Does anybody have any information on this University dance program? or know of some one that went there?

Thanks

ajg

A friend of my son's is a junior in the U of I dance program this year. She was just in town for a visit and we had a chance to catch up. She is very pleased with the program. She has had many opportunities to perform as well as have her own pieces presented. She is looking forward to doing her senior thesis which has two parts: a piece that she choreographs on other students and a piece that is choreographed on her by a person of her choosing. It sounds like the faculty has been very supportive. As I do not know many more details, I would suggest that you contact the school directly.

nettenut

Thanks for the information.

Yes, I have received information from the school already, I was just trying to get some insight from those that may know or have went to the program. I know other University were mentioned on this sight and I hadn't seen anything on the University of Illinois dance program. So I wasn't sure if this was a program that anyone was aware of.

Thanks again!

adjycb

Its been a while since anyone has posted on this. Im looking at applying here, does anyone have any update about this school?

watchmefouette

I will most likely be auditioning for this program for the 2017 school year. If I do audition, I will post more about it. I also know that besides the BFA, they are also adding a BA for the fall of 2016. I'm not sure if there is an audition required for the BA.

watchmefouette

Update: I attended the Oct. 10 audition. I loved the program. If anyone has any further questions, please feel free to comment!

dancemaven

Watchmefouette, it would be appreciated if you out would post what you learned about the program, the audition experience, and your impressions of the campus and program. There is, as you can see, very little first hand information here about this program. You can help others looking for information by sharing yours . Thank you.

lindsaydance15

Would love if anyone has recent info on the program! :)

threegirlpileup

Ditto!  Thanks for bumping the thread.