Ballet Talk for Dancers

Role Model

Guest georgialw

Guest georgialw

My daughter, who has danced all of her life and will be attending an excellent intensive summer program this year, is becoming very discouraged because she has developed quite a bust this year. Her weight and figure, otherwise, are right where they should be. And she is very talented. Are there any well-known voloptuous professionals with which I could encourage her?

Misty Copeland who dances with ABT--and she is just beautiful! :rolleyes:

Guest georgialw
Misty Copeland who dances with ABT--and she is just beautiful! :rolleyes:

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm fighting tears after having my beautiful girl crying yesterday. All she needs is some hope right now. You have given it.

Georgia, first of all I want to welcome you to Ballet Talk for Dancers! Please introduce yourself formally over in our Welcome forum. :rolleyes:

In regards to your dd's situation-

we've had conversations about this subject before, so please reassure her that she's not alone in her concern, and she's not alone being a busty dancer. There are lots of ballet companies out there, and it could very well end up not being an issue for her.

• 2 months later...

Gillian Murphy is another great ballerina to look up too!

www.gillianmurphy.com

Excellent dancer!! Her turns are spectacular! :blushing: georgialw, I hope that your daughter feels better about herself. I too am slightly top heavy, and went through a stage of thinking that ballerinas should be flat-chested. :shrug: But when I performed Swan Lake with The Royal Ballet I noticed that one of the soloists was rather large. And then my mom pointed out that Gillian Murphy was too which really made me happy because she is brilliant! So hopefully your daughter will recover from this problem like I did! :D Best wishes to both of you (you must be so unhappy seeing her like this) From little_dancer123 x :party:

Guest georgialw

Excellent dancer!! Her turns are spectacular! :lol: georgialw, I hope that your daughter feels better about herself. I too am slightly top heavy, and went through a stage of thinking that ballerinas should be flat-chested. :) But when I performed Swan Lake with The Royal Ballet I noticed that one of the soloists was rather large. And then my mom pointed out that Gillian Murphy was too which really made me happy because she is brilliant! So hopefully your daughter will recover from this problem like I did! :D Best wishes to both of you (you must be so unhappy seeing her like this) From little_dancer123 x :blushing:

Thank you so much. She is still having a bit of a tough time; very rough little snits in her summer intensive across the country! But it seems to have brought out her determination. We'll see after a few more months what direction she will take. You have given me good things to pass on to her. I truly appreciate your time.

Thank you so much. She is still having a bit of a tough time; very rough little snits in her summer intensive across the country! But it seems to have brought out her determination. We'll see after a few more months what direction she will take. You have given me good things to pass on to her. I truly appreciate your time.

Absolutely no problem! :lol: Talent should never be wasted! Hopefully she will continue to be determined to dance no matter what and begin to feel a lot better about herself. From little_dancer123 x :)