Ballet Talk for Dancers

New York

Guest SugarPlumFairy

Guest SugarPlumFairy

Hi everyone,

I am going to New York City tomorrow. I have never been there before. I was planning on taking a few ballet classes, but I was wondering where the best places to take classes would be?? Also where are the best dance stores in NYC?

Thanks alot,

A biggrin.gif

I think that Steps offers open classes. I would probably say that it would be your best bet. As far as dance stores, I know that there are a lot of them there, Capezio, Freed, among many others. Good luck, and have a great time!

Guest pirrouette

Have a great time in New York! My favoite store to visit is the Ballet Company (1887 Broadway, I believe). It's really close to Lincoln Center and they have lots of books and videos and ballet cds and pictures (oh my!), not to mention Suzanne Farrell's pointe shoes on display! Do not pass up this store!

Guest Pease-blossom

There's also Class-in, around 72ndh between Bway and Amsterdam, if I remember correctly. They make beautiful custom leotards, and also sell some ready made ones. Broadway Dance Center also has good classes.

Guest SugarPlumFairy

We got tickets for shows today. Were going to go see Contact, and NYC ballet. Were seeing Wingspectic at NYC its one of their last performences for the winter season. I'll give you guys exact info. when I get back. Thanks for all the tips!

Sugar