Ballet Talk for Dancers

Huntington Ballet Academy

Hi,

Not sure this is the right place to post this... My daughter has been studying ballet on Long Island for the last 10 years, the last 4 years at Eglevsky (American Theater Dance Workshop). She is now 16, and after spending this last year going into the city to study at the Martha Graham School, she is in love with modern and contemporary.

She does want to major in dance in college, and we are looking for a school that has strong ballet, but is closer to home.

We have heard good things about the Huntington Ballet Academy, the principal is a Karen Lynch (formerly with the Pacific Northwest Ballet), and Pascal Benichou (formerly with the Joffrey, SF Ballet, etc.). I was wondering if anyone had heard of them. We have looked at the Ohman School (my daughter went there for a year when she was younger), but I'm not sure about it anymore. There is also Seiskaya, but they really only want ballerina's, and really tiny ones at that.

I'm just not sure. We would like to now go into the city if at all possible. My daughter is an exceptional student and the school work load is pretty heavy.

Thanks for any help or info you can provide :devil: