Ballet Talk for Dancers

Welcome to our newest forum!

Victoria Leigh

• Administrators

Welcome to the newest forum on Ballet Alert Online! This forum is intended for the serious, more advanced students, and also college ballet students and young professionals or trainees. We hope to generate more serious discussion at this level, hopefully about technique, performance, career opportunities, and anything else that this age dancer might find helpful.

The 16 year olds still have the option of using the regular Young Dancers board, but anyone older than that please use this one! We have thought of doing this for a while, but thanks to the suggestion of koshka_jete, we have decided to take action and try it out. So, welcome, and let's have some good discussions here! :)

it's really nice that you devided the young dancers into two different age-groups! that's really cool.

i had one question anyway. once your over the age of 16, can you still go to the young dancers page 13-16 to see if there's something helpful for you? i mean, some of the questions may be similar to one of yours and then you can see the answer/advice given there.

thanks

~SKIP~

• Administrators

Hi elf, welcome to the Young Dancers' forum! We are very happy to have a new member from Holland!

Skip, you are welcome to read any and all of the forums on the board, even the Men's! :) But you just can't post there. If you are 17 or over, we would prefer that you not post on the younger Young Dancers board, but certainly you can read it. If there is a topic of interest that you think we should discuss here too, then post it here!

Guest koshka_jete

It is great that this website listens to its "viewers". I hope that this will new forum will provide help for many dancers, including myself. Thanks for listening Ballet Alert.

This suggestion was easy to listen to :) We had talked among ourselves several times of having an "advanced" and "beginner" separation, but couldn't figure out the best way to do it. You gave us the push, koshka_jete, so thank you.

We've also been getting a few people who are in college programs, or who just don't fit the "traditional" study dance in high school and then go into a company mold, and I hope this will be of use to them as well.

Wow, what a great idea. One question: I'm 17, and am about to begin my third year of ballet. I'm not looking for a career but I am fairly serious about dance.. would it be okay for me to post here also?

• Administrators

Absolutely, Amzey :) Post away! We need some topics to get this forum up and running!

this is awesome!! thanks for putting up this board. i was getting nervious, because i was almost too old to post on the young dancers board, and i am not professional, so... thank you soo much!!

Do you think I might be able to use this forum? I'm 23 and have been taking ballet classes 3 years. I'm in RAD grade 6 and pre-elementary and get my first pointe shoes next week. I'm really serious about ballet.

I've been reading ballet alert all summer and find the young dancer forum most useful - because i'm in syllabus classes i have similar problems and questions.

I will post in the adult section if you think that's better but i thought i would at least ask! Thank you.

• Administrators

Hello Lolly, welcome to Ballet Alert Online!

Since you are a serious student in graded classes I think we can stretch the rules here a bit. Since you are technically an adult student though, it would be nice to post there too. :)