Ballet Talk for Dancers

Variations

Guest LilacGirl

Guest LilacGirl

Are there websites or videos where you can learn variations to different ballets? I ask because at my studio there is only one variations class and it is for the very, very, very advanced dancers. I just thought it might be interesting to get an idea of what the different variatons are like

• Administrators

Lil, there are no websites where you could learn variations, however there are hundreds of videos! All of the variations are from well known, classical ballets and there are videos available of all of them, usually several different versions by different companies. Click on the banner at the top of the page and go to Amazon.com. Go to video, type in Ballet in the search function, and voila! Swan Lake, Sleeping Beauty, Giselle, Nutcracker, etc., etc., etc. biggrin.gif

Guest LilacGirl

Thank you Ms Leigh. Are there any videos by specific companies that you would reccomend. I ask because I looked on Amazon and there are such a big amount i'm not sure where to start smile.gif

• Administrators

Well, I think the most variations are in Sleeping Beauty, so you might want to start with that smile.gif I would go for either the Kirov or the Royal Ballet version.