Ballet Talk for Dancers

Modern and jazz in CT

James Robey is the AD of Ridgefield Conservatory of Dance in Ridgefield, CT. He teaches modern (Horton technique) and jazz there. I'm in another part of the state so I don't know anybody who's taken classes there.

Fine Lines Theatre Arts also offers modern and jazz. Elizabeth Parkinson and Scott Wise are the founders and directors there. Robert Maiorano is also on staff as ballet teacher. My daughter has taken classes with both Maiorano and Arlene Begelman, also on staff at Fine Lines.

What part of Connecticut?

DD is strictly ballet (takes one jazz class at her ballet studio) so my opinion is based on what I've read in local papers and word of mouth, but I would wholeheartedly go with either of vagansmom's recommendations - depending on where in CT you are located.

DD has taken a few ballet classes at the Conservatory with James Robey and we know of students and parents who have been very happy there. He was very attentive and supporrtive when dd took a few classes with him, and parents from his school rave about his enthusiastic encouragement.

I've read alot about FineLine, too - and am very impressed but have no firsthand experience.

• 3 weeks later...