Ballet Talk for Dancers

Pointe Shoes...

Guest koshka_jete

Guest koshka_jete

I have a general question for you fellow dancers: would anyone consider and/or buy pointe shoes from an online place (such as e-bay)?

I have a few pair of shoes that have either never been worn or slightly worn and was wondering if it would be worth the effort to try to sell them over the internet...Thanks for your opinions. koshka

• Administrators

koshka, people will buy almost anything, it seems! Ever been to a yard sale? smile.gif I would certainly not ever want to buy even slightly used shoes, but you might be able to sell new ones. The problem with that is that there are fanatics out there, people with shoe or foot fetishes, or worse, like people who want to meet "ballerinas". Therefore, I really don't think it's a terrific idea to try and sell them that way. Try selling them at your own school.

[ October 28, 2001: Message edited by: Victoria Leigh ]

Guest koshka_jete

I've tried selling these at my school; but to no avail. Personally, I am hesitant to sell anything online, mainly because I have no previous experience in this process. But it still leaves me with some brand new shoes and some shoes only worn once that are in good, usable condition.