Ballet Talk for Dancers

Kirov Qualm

Guest koshka_jete

Guest koshka_jete

Inspired by Ms. Leigh's previous post, I thought it would be wise to mention something about the Kirov's program in Washington, D.C. Last summer I attended their summer program-which was excellent classes taught be excellent teachers. However, one thing similar to ABT's strange early acceptance requirement is the Kirov's new policy of re-acceptance. This fall I recieved a letter saying that their summer admission policy had been reviewed and Mme. V has extended re-admission automatically to all students who attended the previous year without an audition. This policy strikes me as a little strange...Any comments?

(Just for the record, I do not plan to attend that program this summer. I just thought that this information should be posted for any interested "kirov-er" to be aware about when choosing a summer program.)

• Administrators

Perhaps they were just so happy with all of their students last summer that they would like them back this year! smile.gif Seriously, I have no idea why they are doing that, but I don't see any harm in it. It doesn't mean that they aren't going to take new students through their auditions.

Guest koshka_jete

I wasn't refferring to not taking new students into their next years program. I was thinking that this shows a trend toward being only concerned of financial status than of the quality of their program.