Ballet Talk for Dancers

performance bloopers

jessi489

That's awesome!! Well done!! :) At nine years old, too! My goodness!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PinkonPointe

• Tamara Watts

• balletislife15

• dancerchik

Sorry, leebick, cute stories, but as you realized, this is the YD forum; no parents permitted. :)

• 3 weeks later...

This year during Nutcracker I got the role of Clara. Accidentally, Fritz stepped on my robe and it ripped! Somehow my foot got stuck in the hole that he made. During battle scene when I am supposed to take the robe off, it would not come off because it was stuck around my foot! :wub: Luckily I managed to hide my foot behind a prop while I pulled it off. :blushing: The next show we had to find a new robe because mine was destroyed! :D

This one happened 24 hours ago!!

We were on our last show of Vivaldi's Four Seasons, and we were in the last section of Winter, when all of a sudden, the CD scratches and drops a key and is half time. :) The next part on stage was a petite allegro, which was HORRIBLE it was so slow. We were all freaking out. And then, to top it off, there were 4 consecutive renverse's, and they were SOOOOOOOOO slow.

• 2 weeks later...

It was my first nutcracker. I was a china doll and their part was to wave ribbons and do a bunch of tendues. All my other friends were mice and I was glad because I was the only one in my class to get the other part. We had just switched lines and I was in the back and I accidently fell backwards onto the stairs beneath the place Clara and the Prince were sitting. I looked over at them and it seemed like I sat there forever scared to death just staring at them. It was so funny. I hope nobody noticed. Nobody I knew did at least.

Oh, and this one didn't happen to me but..

Last year we had Cinderella as our spring show. It had just finished the Spring Fairy's part and the Autumn Fairy came out. The spring fairy's music started playing and it would look bad if she just walked off stage so she danced her part to the music, which had a completely different beat. Everyone was so confused.

I took tap for one year when I was 5 and during our Winter showcase my tap shoe wasn't buttoned, I guess you would say, and during shuffle steps my shoe went flying off into the audience.....I quit that January!

• 3 months later...

I love this page, it's so funny. Anyway I have a story of my own...

By the way I did not make this up!!!

one nutcracker, the clara had gone to dinner with her family and she drank A LOT of WATER. so... she peed on stage. Wait, this is funnier part: I guess they couldn't dance with the "puddle" on stage so they had another dancer come on with a mop to clean it up. Good times, good times.

Edited by pirouette princess

That's soooooo gross!!!!! And embarassing...

Anyway, the tech guys at the theater where we do most of our performances don't pay very much attention, so they're always playing the wrong music or forgetting to turn on the lights. We have danced in the dark a couple times, and one Nutcracker, after the dancers for Arabian had already walked on stage, they played 4 or 5 wrong songs before they got it right. The dancers just stood on stage while they switched songs over and over again until their music came on.

One of the dolls went on stage in his warm-up sweatpants once during the party scene in the Nutcracker. Tehe, thank goodness he only had a couple seconds on stage before he could go back off and take them off.

• 1 month later...

Haha these stories are so funny! I have a couple of my own...

First of all, a few years ago we were performing the nutcracker and it was time for the arabian dance. There was a large carriage to bring the soloist onto the stage, we all used it in the back to put hangers on for quick changes. On the last night the show was going smoothly when some of realized that the arabian carriage had a huge plastic hanger on the front on stage!!!

Also one which isn't quite so embarrassing... while i was doing snow last year (Nutcracker again) there was a part where we all folded down into a sitting position with our heads on our knees, I was trying not to completely go down but I slipped. The bad part was that i was wearing gloss over my lipstick so the top layer of my romantic tutu stuck to my mouth when I stood back up! I was so embarrassed!

• 1 month later...

A few years ago I was a bug in NYCB's A Midsummer's Night Dream and the children's balet mistress had not really told us how to bow, well she did but she told us that the curtain would come up, then go down and we would bow our heads and then it would come back up and then we would go forward and bow, but that was wrong we were just supposed to bow and then go off when the curtain came up. Sooooooooooooo....... some kids were trying to go forward while others were resisting(and by the way we were in two lines holding hands) then I saw the children's ballet mistress in the wings and she was trying to tell us to go forward. Finally a few kids in the front aline and in the center of the line just barged forward so then we had to go forward and bow. It was kinda embarissing because it was opening night at the Kennedy Center... :(:D

Last Year, I was a soldier in The Nutcracker and we come out of a drawbridge door, but the door don't open,so the whole scene was a bit off :)

Also,another Nutcracker performance, the cannon in our scene didn't go off so the rats looked really weird cause they all were supposed to look hurt by the cannon but th cannon didn't go off

Last year during the Snow Queen I was an adult penguin. In the whole penguin scene there are four tracks of music, opening with one adult penguin and the reindeer and Gerda, bay penguins, adult penguin, and the coda. The CD got messed up before the benefit preformance and the adult penguins skipped!! We were all sopposed to be on stage for the coda so we had to just go on stage and improvise...it was awful!! When we came back on stage to bow at the end of the show barely anyone clapped....ouch.