Ballet Talk for Dancers
cheetah

Australian Ballet School

l i l y

also would you guys reckon that ABS is looking for Russian feet?

Thank. you 

Redbookish

There is no such thing as "Russian feet" unless you are actually a Russian citizen 😉

Unfortunately, you are asking questions which are impossible to answer, as we can't see you, nor are we the selectors for the ABS. You could perhaps glean some information from pictures of current ABS students on their website. Your ballet teacher might also advise. Has s/he sent other pupils to the ABS? What is the general aim of your ballet school and where do pupils go after studying there? 

But really, the only way you will find the answers to your questions is from the ABS itself, via the auditioning process. Or you could attend one of the ABS Open Classes. The information is here:

https://www.australianballetschool.com.au/pages/open-classes

You could also look at the Interstate Training Programme. Information here:

https://www.australianballetschool.com.au/pages/interstate-international-training-itp

l i l y

Ok thank you very much for the information, I have considered taking classes by the ABS, its just the cost as I would have to get accommodation too since I live in Sydney!  Which my mother said no but, I'll just practise to the death in these six months😂😅 till the audition and hope for the best!!

Miss Persistent

Lilly, it might be a good idea to start by looking through the forum topics under 'Pre-professional Schools/Residence Programs' or any of the forum topics under 'Summer Intensives'.  There are a myriad of schools worldwide that have intensives as this thread only pertains to the Australian Ballet School, so you would probably find more helpful info by having a look around and asking specific questions on forums related to the schools/intensives you are interested in :thumbsup:

l i l y

okay thank you

vrsfanatic

Lily, I believe you are mixing up your threads.

l i l y

That's what I thought too, please talk me through the process!

l i l y

Oh wait, sorry now I know what you mean! I just realised, I apologise.