Ballet Talk for Dancers
gogators

Colburn Dance Institute

PlainJane

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything from the Colburn auditions. I believe they said they would be contacting everyone either way by the 31st. We don't have high hopes of DD getting invited, but it would be nice to know.

danceimatter

Nothing yet for us.

Boydancermom

I'm curious how many auditioned in LA and in NYC?  (and how many girls/boys?).  How many current dancers will be staying next year? (I know that is sometimes difficult to pinpoint depending on what happens at SIs - but a best guess)? 

hersupport

I believe all the emails were either sent out over the weekend or today.  If you did not hear call Gavin.  As for the total number I don't know, because they also reviewed video auditions.  Right now I think there are between 5-7 dancers staying next year.

PlainJane

We still haven't heard anything (from the LA auditions), so I suppose that's a no this year. Ah well. 

JoHenderson

Has anyone heard any news from Colburn auditions. I received an email saying results will go out by Wednesday, but have yet to receive anything.

hersupport

I believe all the emails indicating acceptance, waitlist, or no have gone out.  However, individual emails to those accepted have not yet been sent.

hersupport

Just a quick update to let everyone know auditions for the 2018-19 school are are this Sunday, February 4, at 2 pm in Los Angeles.  They are also accepting audition videos.  All of the information is available on their website.

solv_ballerina1

How many dancers are expected to attend the audition based on past years? Is the full class on pointe? Thank you hersupport !

hersupport

solv_ballerina1 - I am not sure about the size of the audition.  When my dd auditioned two years ago there were 30 at the audition.  There might have been more last year.  Yes the audition will be en pointe the entire time.  

Mcbbamundaaga

Does anyone know if results went out for LA auditions for Colburn’s class 6? 

solv_ballerina1

Was not accepted into dance academy (LA audition), but offered a scholarship for ballet 5. Trying to analyze whether or not this is a good offer. Does anyone know about the afternoon program?