Ballet Talk for Dancers
livelaughdance

Ellison Ballet

Guest maudebee

Thank you, little-duck for the great information.

The Ellison program sounds like exactly the type of program my daughter is looking for right now. She currently attends a residential program in another state, but feels it is not intense enough for where she wants to be right now (and next year, too! She's always looking ahead!)

I am most worried about her living in New York City on her own at 16 years old. I can't stay with her because I have to keep the job I have now to pay the expense of her attending ballet school. I am especially worried at this moment, because I am dealing with her being sick at her summer intensive in NYC, and struggling with how to get her proper care (it's not provided at all by the program she is attending).

So anyway, her health, safety and education are paramount in my mind right now!

Vison - Thank you, too, for your good wishes!

Thanks for all of your thoughts, and with this post I think that I can finally PM others! So I may take advantage, little-duck.

-maudebee

nymom

I'm interested to know what the average (if there is one) daily schedule is for a student 14/15 years old (in this case, male) at Ellison? What time do classes generally begin/end? Are they 5 or 6 days per week?

Thanks for any insights.

Kat09

My daughter has just enjoyed a wonderful 4 weeks in New York at the Ellison Summer Intensive. She has been offered a place on the year 'round programme and is 15 years old. We are from the UK so it will be a huge step to send my daughter alone to New York. Previous threads do not really give any experience of girls undertaking the programme and I would be really grateful if anyone with daughters has information on this programme and whether they would recommend it. Many thanks!

balletgilly3

Does anyone have any up-to-date information on this program or know how selective it is? About how many that audition during the SI get accepted?

balletgilly3

Additionally, does anyone know if there are alternate places to stay? Does the school give scholarships based on need?

Toitoi43

I believe this intensive is pretty selective. At least I've found this true for the older dks. The summer intensive provides access to the Riverside Terraces for their housing. If you want to stay somewhere else, you'd have to find it on your own. As for scholarships, I know they provide them for merit. I'm not sure about need based. You can always call them and ask!

Liliana_K

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the year round program audition results back? I auditioned exactly one week ago and at the audition we were told that we would most likely get the results within a week.

Toitoi43

Liliana_K…I've heard the results wouldn't be sent until the end of this week (2 weeks from audition). Good luck!

Liliana_K

Thank you!

Toitoi43

Emails have been sent out re: auditions...

Liliana_K

Really? My friend and I have not received anything yet.

Pearlofballet

No news for DD either

Toitoi43

Maybe they are doing it by age? The acceptance I'm referring to would be for 16 year old.

Lexballet

Does anyone know how many are accepted into the year round program after attending the summer program?

Toitoi43

Hi. I am wondering if anybody knows if dancers who have attended the SI without scholarship have been invited to the year-round program. Thanks.