Jump to content
Ballet Talk for Dancers to close ×
Ballet Talk for Dancers



Recommended Posts

Are you on a skateboard or not? In ballet, that's called a tour en l'air. Or are you talking about the 540 kick in martial arts? That's a grand pas de basque en tournant. What happens when you land?

Link to comment

I believe the 540 he is reffering to is the glorified Revlatad. Pardon my wonderful french. I would not call it a pas de basque en tournant seeing that you follow through on the landing on the opposite foot you would a pas de basque.


What exactly do you need help on? Need specifics....

Link to comment

It's not exactly a rivoltade, either, which is the step where you begin with a grand battement devant, and appear to be jumping over it with the other leg, whether straight-legged or through a retiré.


In martial arts, it appears in kung fu, tae kwon do (which is where I know it from), and savate. It's a variant on the chassé-coupé-jeté steps usually done en manege autour de la salle. Except that the legs perform arcs in the air, it would be like a pas de ciseaux, the jazz dancers' "switch leap". In landing from this sort of kick, you land on both feet in fourth position, ready to transition into another one, or to do another step.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...