Ballet Talk for Dancers

Canvas Shoes

PinkShoes24

Hi! well I was looking in a dance store for new ballet shoes, then there was leather (the ones I usually get) and canvas ballet shoes. I asked the person who worked there what the difference was, but she said that she really didn't know. Can any one tell me what the difference is? thanks!:(

• Administrators

Kim, the canvas shoes are a bit softer and easier to break in and feel the work of the feet, especially if they are split sole. Both leather and canvas are fine, and it's really a personal choice. It seems that most dancers today are choosing the canvas. They are also washable :(

I thought this sort of fit under this catergory. What can I do to revive the soles of leather shoes? I find I wear out mine really quickly, and then leather sole becomes very shiny (and slippery!).

Just wash them with ordinary dish detergent and water. Use a scrub brush, too. Chances are very good you've got a mix of floor wax and impacted rosin on there, so it needs to be washed off, and the sole scuffed up a little.:(

Guest CopaCabannaGirl

Leather ones last longer but once you grow out of them then I personally think they hurt (but that is just me)! Canves Shoes dont last as long they get holes pretty fast but they (also I think) are really comfertable! I tried caves just once and I have gotten them ever since and I really dont get leather ones unless I need them for compatition or sumtin'

• Administrators

Post by an adult deleted. Only 13-16 year olds and the moderators are allowed to post on this board.