Ballet Talk for Dancers
Our Thanks and Gratitude to Everyone Who Has Contributed to Our 2020 Fundraiser <3 <3 <3
Sign in to follow this  
Alexandra

Welcome posts and replies 2003-2018

fc3857

Hi everyone, my name is Frank and I'm 19. I've played sports most of my life and tennis for 13 years and competed in junior tournaments at a fairly high level. My girlfriend is the one who got me into dancing (she does ballet, pointe, tap, jazz, among several others) as she's performed in several professionally produced shows and musicals and takes classes every week.

I really want to be able to dance with her, (Can someone say Silver Linings Playbook? Haha.) most certainly not professionally but maybe do a contemporary routine at some local little competition. And as ballet is the basis of contemporary and many other forms of dance I thought I'd start here. I also want to become more flexible, as a fairly stiff guy (even when I was playing tennis I was still pretty tight) I have trouble splits when I see stretching routines that involve them it's a bit off putting. (I get about 2 1/2 shoulder widths apart with my legs side by side and maybe 3 with one in front of the other.) Maybe a quick peruse about the forums will help me find progressions to le splits. :grinning:

Well, anyway, I'm glad to be a part of this community and happy to meet you all and hope to talk to you soon. :)

Victoria Leigh

Welcome, Frank! It's great that you have joined us, and especially that you have decided to enter the ballet world to be a part of your girl friend's world. :) We hope you will enjoy it as much as she does, and we are here to help you on your journey!

Momof3darlings

Archiving