• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• casserina

• b1

• Russina

• Clara 76

Top Posters In This Topic

enigmaticpheo

I'm about to watch the PNB version; the Béjart version was...interesting last night. I mean, if it was marketed not as the Nutcracker, I may have sort of enjoyed it as a selection of contemporary ballet. And I loved the grande pas, Christine Blanc was gorgeous. But some bits were so strange that I was in way over my head! So far I'm holding onto my vote...

I believe that Maurice Sendak designed the sets and some costumes. However, double-check me- I have a mind like a steel sieve!! :)

I am watching it now and yes, Clara, Maurice Sendak helped design the sets and costumes. (my own little bear LOVED Little Bear, so I am fond of Sendak's work). "Chinese" is so cool as a 'bow' to Where The Wild Things Are!!!

I wonder how many ribbons Peaock would lose during a performance? LOL! I would have stepped on them :dry:

The PNB version was different but not disturbingly so (I am SO traditional!). Definitely saw the Maurice Sendak

influence, the Chinese "dragon" was SO cute! I too wondered about the peacock costume, I was amazed she didn't trip over it but it was cool.

kwdancer13, I've seen many Nutcracker DVD's for sale online, including the Balanchine, Matthew Bourne, and Bolshoi. You could probably rent a week's worth, especially if you rent online, and do your own Battle of the Nutcrackers.

If you're short on time, one of my favorite versions is the 3-minute Nutcracker that's on YouTube! :lol:

dancingawaymylifesavings

Yes, I think the 3 minute one on Youtube is funny too! Hey isn't time that one is redone???? I think I could re-coreograph???? BAHAHAHA :lol::yes::yes::cool2:

Huh, we should be so lucky in the UK. There is NO ballet on this Christmas in England except for the Nutcracker (just once) on a channel that I don't even have. :yes:

We have been watching the Battle of the Nutcrackers here at home, but have also delighted in seeing the new Wonder Pets Save the Nutcracker. http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/THE_W...lodeon_20010101 It's so adorable and is just right for the littlest dancers! It has little to do with the original storyline, but I guess that's true of some of the others I've been watching. Another one we've seen this year for younger kids is the Tom & Jerry version. It wasn't quite as cute but it's still fun to watch. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...