Ballet Talk for Dancers

Television: Billy Elliot on PBS

dancinroundtheoc

For those who missed this when it aired on PBS, or if it didn't air in your local market, this documentary is now on YouTube in 8 9-minute sections. It is called Finding Billy Elliot. They have interviews with the 3 boys playing Billy and talk a great deal about the process.

THanks dancinground

we will look it up. We are heading to NYC in May and planning on getting tickets to BE, although we have found it difficult to find reasonably priced tcikets. It looks like the theatre tickets ay be more than our plane tickets.

dancinroundtheoc
THanks dancinground

we will look it up. We are heading to NYC in May and planning on getting tickets to BE, although we have found it difficult to find reasonably priced tcikets. It looks like the theatre tickets ay be more than our plane tickets.

You will have to let me know if you enjoy it. I am hoping to take DS and DD to see it this summer when we are in New York.

Try looking into "Kids Night on Broadway” for Broadway tickets. Although, at the moment Billy Elliott is not one of the participating shows, they have been in the past and sold out very quickly. It is a buy one adult ticket and receive a child (6~18 yrs.) ticket free. Certain nights, certain shows apply and it is all pre-sale tickets. Tickets for April and May are on sale now. Looks like this offer will be on going., it is definitely worth checking the site regularly to see which shows are on sale. Great savings!

Good luck to you!

Here is the link:

http://www.kidsnightonbroadway.com/kids.php

I saw "Billy Elliot" on Broadway last night. We bought our tickets 3 hours before the show, got rear mezzanine right side tickets, seated 6 rows from the last row, paid $41.50 each for them. Surprisingly good seats even though the ticket seller told us that they were considered "partial view" seats. We could see facial expressions, and only missed entrances from stage left. Other than that, the seats were great!

They also offer "student rush tickets" two hours before each performance for $41.50 - not sure of the seating though. I had no reason to ask about them.

Terrific show! I plan on returning.