Ballet Talk for Dancers
Sign in to follow this  
robynn

Television: Jacques d'Amboise in China

robynn

From HBO.com:

"Over the course of his long and illustrious career, Jacques d'Amboise has championed the transcendent power of dance - first as a principal dancer with the New York City Ballet, and then as founder of the National Dance Institute, where he has inspired countless young people for over 30 years. This month, d'Amboise takes his vision - and his dancers - on an unforgettable journey to China, where a cross-cultural ensemble under his direction will end up delivering a magical joint performance in Shanghai. Premieres Wednesday, December 3 at 6:30 pm. "

I recorded this on my DVR, just starting to watch it now. Should be interesting. In the very beginning you can hear Jacques describe himself as "a thousand years old". :shrug:

Clara 76

Thanks for posting it!! :(

firedragon0800

Here is a great article on the great work Jacques, is doing with the Harlem National Dance Institute, he has built quite a legacy:)

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/uptown/jacques-amboise-elevates-harlem-national-dance-institute-article-1.1714582

Clara 76

He has absolutely been an inspiration and to me he is an icon!!!!!