Ballet Talk for Dancers

Television: National Ballet of Canada Nutcracker on Bravo

Bravo (Canada) will be airing the National Ballet of Canada's Nutcracker on Thursday, December 18. In my area, it is on from 8 to 10pm.

I believe it's from the afternoon performance of Saturday, December 13, which was simulcast to movie theatres across most of the country. Principal casting is posted here. And, for added interest, if it is from that performance, the Cannon Dolls were played by Nico and Allie of So You Think You Can Dance Canada fame.

It's interesting that it's being aired on TV this year. I distinctly remember that last year, when they first simulcast a production, a big deal was made of the fact that it would only be aired only once and not recorded for re-use. If I remember correctly, that was how they received permission from the involved unions to go ahead with the project.

I just went to the Bravo tv website, and I can't figure out how to tell if they're airing it here? :devil:

Bravo USA probably isn't airing it -- the two networks' schedules are very, very different. I did a search on the US network's site (http://www.bravotv.com/Schedule/) for "nutcracker" and didn't find anything. The Bravo Canada website's schedule is posted elsewhere (http://www.bravo.ca/schedule/). You'll just have to come up here to watch it live! Or, more realistically, maybe a friend will tape it for you?

Hahaha!!!! It would be fun to take such a trip, but that's not going to happen this time of year for me!!!!

Let us all know how amazing it is!!!!