Ballet Talk for Dancers
dancepig

What Ballet Flats is everyone using - and why do you like them?

gimpydancer

Clara 76 would know! She fitted dd for her demi pointes (using deshanked pointe shoes) four years ago.

swantobe

Appleblossom - I wear a South African make of demi-pointe shoes, so I can't help you with types, I'm afraid!

Missvjc420 - My demi-pointes are usually very, very "dead" by the time I'm done with them. I literally wear them until there are holes in them/the satin is really really frayed. I've been wearing them for over 2 years now, and in that time I've only had 2 pairs. So, yes, they do conform to your foot eventually.

I ended up buying some canvas split soles for the adults' open class. I really think this will help my demi-pointes to last longer (they're pretty much twice the price of the split soles!), as the demi-pointes will have at least 36 hours to dry out between classes, which they wouldn't have if I were to wear them to the adults' class.

appleblossom

I have two pairs of dead Capezios, that I might try de-shanking. It can't hurt since they're already dead. Can someone please remind me where the link for that is?

I did also see that the Demi-Pointe thread is back up near the top of Pointe Shoe Forum so I'm over there checking that out, it's 16 pages long though. I did a search the other day for it but couldn't find, so I'm thankful to whomever moved it up.

missvjc420

Bringing this up as I need leather split soles. My feet tend to look bad in leather as opposed to canvas or deshanked pointes, so I am looking for something that conforms to the arch well, and a vamp that doesn't swallow my short toes. I ordered some stretch insert leather shoes by Liberts from Online Dancewear- I tried them on in Miami and remembered liking them, but at the time danced on marley. My canvas shoes are awesome, but we dance on wood and due to tap classes are not allowed resin (we don't do pointe anymore at school either- it's a college course) and now even water is frowned upon, which wasn't the case before. Any word on leather shoes?

MJ

I have a pair of shoes I picked up from the Lost and found bin. White leather Men's split sole shoes with a cross-hatch pattern. on the suede pads. Full cotton lining I'm thinking Bloch or Freeds. No identifying numbers or names on the inside.

TemptressToo

Bloch Elastosplit

I've had several pairs of these and I love them...I have long toes and the fit me perfectly. Have them in both leather and canvas.

dancepig

I am currently using Russian Pointe Canvas flat shoes and loving them. You can order them in different length vamps and different widths - how great is that?

Old Ballet Guy

I still wear Capezio black leather flats. I've had them for over 10 years now and I just like them a lot more than the new canvas ones. I guess I'm as old fashioned as my flats!!

Je Suis Aimee

I wear the Grishko Performance Series split sole canvas and I adore them. The arch has an elastic in it so it shows off my arch and I don't get a ton of bagginess at the toes like I would with other slippers.

chocakety

I am using Capezio Daisy's. Soft and comfy but they do not last long sadly due to the floor at my studio

Bloch Dansoft lasts longer than the Daisy's but it doesn't make my feet look pretty

Tenik is too thick for my liking!

stinger784

FUZI, duh! :unsure:

Kini

Any know anything about the Romeo Leather Ballet Men's Shoe?

RibenaRockstar

I'm wearing Block Prolites (http://www.blochworld.com/shop/p-169-prolite-ii-hybrid.aspx) at present, and I really like them. Though, of course, my feet don't look like the model's.

The only thing I would warn you of is that the pink leather is a bit of a disgusting colour. Though, of course, if you wear Bloch tights it may look less odd. It's just that next to my Freed tights, they look slightly 'off'

Balletlove

I have had a pair of Bloch prolite's and loved them (we dont get the freed tights here, but the colour really didnt look that bad with my tights, I wear an assortment of brands) unfortunately they are not the easiest to find though so I tend to just stick with Sansha Pro which are readily available here and fit reasonably well.

You mean you want your feet to look like the models? :blushing:

RibenaRockstar
You mean you want your feet to look like the models? :)

xD, I'd love it if my feet were nice enough to be in a dance shoe catalogue. (Model's as in the feet of the model wearing the shoes, not models as in my feet made of plastic)

They had them on offer in my dance shop when I was last in, so I got those ones, I think they were £15