Ballet Talk for Dancers
Our Thanks and Gratitude to Everyone Who Has Contributed to Our 2020 Fundraiser <3 <3 <3
Pebz

Schools in Russia?

ParentalPerson

Thank you so much for the information -- it is wonderful to hear your students have had such good experiences! The learning curve for us as the parents of a child who wants a professional career in Russia is very steep, and I appreciate your insight more than I can say. 

My daughter's friend is only 12 and in her third year at Vaganova, so it's possible she and her family are confused about the classmate's true situation -- but it sounded as if last year was the first year they admitted select (tuition-paying) foreign students directly into the main program. I will hope for the best with my email to the school, and if not, I will take the advice of the thread above and send a real letter.

Thank you again!

vrsfanatic

No, I had a student in 1993 through 1995 pre-HARID Conservatory years) at Vaganova Academy who paid tuition. There were, Italians, Korean, Japanese, English, Australian and South Africans all paying tuition who were admitted to the Russian classes. Our student, who graduated around 2005 paid tuition and took all classes everyday with the other Russian young men. One of our former students graduated last year in the class of taking all classes with Russians. Our current student in Vaganova is in her 3rd year, have entered in the 5th year of student. Young to enter, but she has Russian and American citizenship, was already fluent in Russian and therefore is able to attend her academic classes in Russian.  

It is worth sending your letter DHL or FED EX so it will be signed for. In this way, you will know it has been received. Words of wisdom. Your dancing child needs to have extraordinary proportions and abilities to be admitted. You perhaps might consider sending DVD links to similar programs internationally to get a feeling for whether or not your dancing child does indeed have such physical attributes. 

ParentalPerson

Thank you for the tip about the letter! She does meet height/weight and leg proportion requirements and is studying Russian privately, and although she has been accepted to other international programs (Bolshoi, RBS), we are aware of how remote a possibility this is. She would rather hear "no" than never try. 😀

Edited by ParentalPerson
Emoji!

vrsfanatic

It sounds like it might be a good fit. All the best!

ParentalPerson

We shall see -- thank you again for all your help! This resource is amazing.