Ballet Talk for Dancers

Ballet Hispanico or Doug Elkins and Friends

balletdaughter

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, so...if it's not...free free to move it.

We're planning on going to Jacob's Pillow late in August. The two dance companies there at that time are Ballet Hispanico and Doug Elkins and Friends. I've never heard of either of these companies. My DD is 12. Is one more appropriate than the other for kids that age? Does anyone know anything about either of these companies? I think we'll only have time to see one of the shows - which should we pick?

Thanks for any insight.

Jacob's Pillow was created by Modern Dance pioneers Ted Shawn and Ruth St. Denis to celebrate male dancers, and Modern dance. It has a history of being a place for creativity and experimentation with dance. When you go to Jacob's Pillow, you are attending a dance moment captured in time; an historic festival in an historic locale.

Go to Youtube.com and enter Ballet Hispanico into the Search bar. You can see snippets of videos of their performances, and then you can do the same for Doug Elkins!

If you can go to see both live performances, do it! The line-up looks amazing this year!!!!