Ballet Talk for Dancers

ADTC?

HipHopAndTapDancer

has anyone gone here before? is it fun? are you going this year?

It's nice that Jazz and Hip-Hop now have a Summer Intensive! The camps look to be in beautiful settings as well, but since it is not a ballet SI, I did move it here to YD.

Hey! I went there last year at the Vermont location. Do you have any specific questions?

thats where im going!(vermont) i was just woundering, i know they offer musical theatre do you have to take it? and can you doubble up on some of the classes? are the teachers nice? are the girls nice? and are you going this year?

• Administrators

HipHop, please use upper case where appropriate, and punctuation marks. You are using run-on sentences and text message typing. We ask our young dancers (and everyone) to please make their posts legible. Many of our members speak English as a second language, and we like to make everything as clear as possible for them, but also for us. Checking spelling is always a good idea, too. :unsure:

My daughter has been a counselor at this program at their North Carolina location. She thought that the jazz and hip hop teachers were both very good and that the camp was a very fun, well-run program - always in beautiful mountain settings. :unsure:

thats where im going!(vermont) i was just woundering, i know they offer musical theatre do you have to take it? and can you doubble up on some of the classes? are the teachers nice? are the girls nice? and are you going this year?

Well there are four required classes you have to take every day- hip hop, jazz, contemporary, and musical theater. Last year, there was a combination of very nice teachers, and some that were a little stricter. No, you couldn't double up, but there were extra classes you can take like tap, ballet, modern, and there was a kickboxing class once, LOL. Last year, most girls in my age group were nice, but I heard about some drama in the older age groups. But, of course it all depends on which girls come every year! Unfortunately I'm not going this year, because I decided I needed a more ballet focused program. If you have any more questions feel free to ask!

thanks...ohh boy drama..just what i need ;p aww too bad, but have fun with your ballet!