Ballet Talk for Dancers
Sign in to follow this  
mom of 5

Ballet schools in Virginia - Virginia Beach area

Arabesque16

Cfdancer, thank you so much for your input about Academie de Ballet. I trained there as well and I completely agree with you! The training there is wonderful. I trained with Andrei Yemelianov for several years and he is an amazing teacher. To anyone looking for a school in the Virginia Beach area, I would highly recomend Academie de Ballet! :)

mom of 5

Everyone's input was so helpful. Our move was postponed, but having several schools to research has been beneficial. We are going down in March to tour some of our favorites. I will let you all know how it turns out. Thank you all! :thumbsup:

Dancergirlmelody

I went to Ballet Virginia International since it was established and just graduated last year. It's an excellent school with really strong training, I highly recommend it. I'd be happy to answer any questions about it.

greywolf

SO, on the move again :dizzy: Being relocated to Virginia Beach. My DD is interested in continuing her training. I found one studio, Ballet International Va which seems to have pretty good standards. Has anyone ever heard of them? Apparently, AD is formerly of NYCB. Videos show pretty good technique, but most of all, the girls seem happy. That is becoming rare :ermm: Anyway, any info would be appreciated.

dancemaven

greywolf, I have moved your post to this existing thread. Take a look at earlier posts for some information regarding Ballet International Va. Perhaps others will have additional information.

greywolf

Thank you, DanceMaven!! I did a search first, but it did not come up with this. Guess I used the wrong words. But because of this, I believe my DD will attend BVI....fingers crossed!!

mamasokol

Ballet Virginia International is excellent! My DD has been with the instructors for 11 years and is a senior this year...they have helped raise her well :) Welcome to BVI greywolf!