Ballet Talk for Dancers

Not sure.......

Poppiedancer

Hi,

I'm not sure about what to do. I have a really excellent class once a week, but I think that I want another class. I've found out that the class I'm doing is the only one at my level. The school has a very advanced other class but some students are on pointe. I'm not. I found out about several good schools but the adult beginner 2 classes are either on during school, too expensive or only once a week.

I don't even know if I should do more classes but I'd like to.

Any advice??????????????????????????

Thanks,

Em

Em, it sounds like you're tracking a "recreational" course of study, not aimed at producing a professional dancer. And the answer is, of course, if you want to have more recreation, then you have to make some sort of cut somewhere else in order to do what you say you want to do.

Only once-a-week classes are all right if all you want is the exercise, but even that will not provide you with the many other benefits that come from even occasional ballet study. If your school doesn't offer a class exactly at your level, take another at a level below that and work for mastery of the material. I sometimes take a gr. 5 RAD class, because it's at a speed where I can work on everything intensely and not injure myself, while still obtaining the physical benefits of the class.

Another answer would be to find a class at a different school, and add one that way. Nothing unethical about that!