Ballet Talk for Dancers

I recently quit my old school and have been without ballet for a while

futureABTdancer

I'm not sure what to do or what school to go to. I didn't like my old school, so I quit and now I am on a search for a new school. I haven't danced since June, and I am very worried about my technique. Here is a school I am looking into. http://www.ohmanballet.com/ is that a good school? Help!

You're so close to great training...is there any way you can go farther West into NYC?

If you have to stay on Long Island, what about the Long Island Ballet Academy?

I can't speak for how well Mr. Ohman's teaching methods convey ballet technique, but his knowledge base is certainly first-class.

You're so close to great training...is there any way you can go farther West into NYC?

If you have to stay on Long Island, what about the Long Island Ballet Academy?

I can ask my parents if I can go into NYC, but I will look into Long Island Ballet Academy. Thanks. :)

If you can't get to NYC, at least visit each of the places you are considering and take a few classes at each place. Evaluate the training, students, and schedule to see if this next move can get you to the level you are looking for.

If as your screenname suggests, you are wanting a professional career someday, then you had best get yourself to NYC to JKO or Joffrey or some place like that. :D

Ok, thank you. I did go to Joffrey's summer intensive. I have not auditioned for JKO yet. But, I did get accepted to ABT's Dance Bermuda. I have not auditioned for any winter terms yet.

Oops! A parent wandered here by mistake.

Also, I want to audition for Summer Intensives, I haven't danced since June. If I get back to classes now, do you think ill get my technique and flexibility back in time?