Ballet Talk for Dancers

Resume

livy

I am applying to the Lines Ballet BFA program with Dominican university and Lines Ballet asks for a resume. Is this one ok?

Thanks

Olives

(Name) (Email address)

Home: DOB:

Cell : Height:

Adress: Weight

Objective

My objective is to become a student in the Lines Ballet/ Dominican University B.F.A program.

Training

The Dancers Advantage 11/2009 - present

Instructor: Brian Bender

Studying Ballet and Pointe

Hannah Kahn 11/2009- present

Instructor: Hannah Kahn

Studying Modern

Academy of Colorado Ballet 08/2008- 10/2009

Instructors: Michelle Dolighan-Rodeneck, Elizabeth Shipatsky

Studied: Ballet, Pointe, Jazz, Lyrical, Modern

Millers Dance Studio 01/2007-07/2008

Instructors: Leslie Henry, Nicole Miller

Studied Ballet, Pointe

Ballet Ariel 05/2005-12/2006

Instructors: Greg Gonzales, Patricia Renzetti, Ilena Norton

Studied Ballet, Pointe, Floor Barre, acting for dancers

Performance Experience

The Nutcracker- Colorado Ballet, Ballet Ariel, Millers Dance

• Roles: Harlequin Doll, Flower Corps, Lead Soldier, Russian variation, Party parent,

The Little Mermaid- Millers dance

• Roles: Flotsam/Jetsam, ocean Corps

The Trial- Mark Leonard

• Featured Dancer

Spring Gala- Academy of Colorado Ballet, Ballet Ariel Millers Dance Studio

Swan Lake 4 swans variation- Ballet Ariel

Music Experience

3 Years of classical flute and Music theory

Acting Experience

East Theater Club

-Weekly acting, physical comedy and stage combat workshops

Mark Leonard Productions

Awards

Millers Dance Studio Ballet Award 2008

• Administrators

Olivia, it is fine except that it needs separation between the major sections. You have put them in bold, but there is no space between one category and another. Also, check your spelling on "address" . :D

I edited out your full name and email address just for safety purposes, since you posted on a YD forum. :)

Ms. Leigh,

I would love to have you view my resume and a cover letter I have done and let me know what you think, only I do not want to post it on the board. I have not made 30 posts yet so I am unable to send you a PM. Is there some other way I can do this?

Thanks so much!

• Administrators

Send it to Contact Us. That will come directly to me. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi livy. I see your new to ballet talk so i can not send you a PM. But I am very interested in Denvers dance scene and was hoping you could email me more information about Hannah Kahn's company.

• Administrators

Meghan, having your email address in your profile is really not a terrific idea. We don't allow teens to post their emails on the board for a reason, so, putting it in your profile does not make sense. Please remove it. Livy is perfectly able to post information about Hannah Kahn's company here on the board if she would like to, although not on this Resume thread.

I have another resume-related question. When I was younger I took dance classes at a number of small, local dance studios before switching to the more ballet-oriented, company-associated school I attended during high school. Is it appropriate to list all of these on my resume (for example, the 2 years i spent at a local studio when I was 4-5 years old doing pre-ballet)? I don't want to take up too much room on my resume with less relevant information.

• Administrators

Pre-ballet classes are really not necessary to list on a resume.