Ballet Talk for Dancers
BalletK

ABT's new Nutcracker

BalletK

This article details some interesting news about ABT's preparations for their new Nutcracker. They are planning on having 3 seasons in the future, Fall, Nutcracker and Spring. However this year, the Falls season is being dropped so that they can prepare with rehearsals and save some money by focusing their fundraising efforts on Nutcracker. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405...2709910962.html

Clara 76

Very interesting, Ballet K! Thanks for posting.

swanchat

Aside from my first thought "Oh, no not another Nutcracker," this seems a bit ominous to me. I wonder if dancer contracts will be shortened? And the start date is Dec 23?? That seems a bit late? Keeping fingers crossed that this helps the finances and that dancers aren't too adversely affected.

lovemydancers

There are a couple of discussions about this announcement on our sister site--one of them is here: BalletTalk.

Zinnia

This seems like a natural move for them and I am surprised they didn't do this sooner. They used to tour a Nutcracker and I would assume they still have sets and costumes from that so maybe this is not going to be a huge outlay of funds.