• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nymom

• Gracegirlz

• Emjay

Top Posters In This Topic

We have not received the packet yet. Has anyone??

I am assuming the year round program would begin on the Tuesday after Labor Day which is only 2 days after the SI ends. ie - if youre staying year round you would just stay on. Does anyone know the start date?

I just got the year round packet in the mail and it looks like a great program! Does anyone plan on going to year round? If so are you going to do the morning session or the later one?

Do the people receiving year round info have to decide before you even get to the summer program? I would think deciding ahead of time would not be the thing to do unless you're local to the area. It's important to know that the school is a fit no matter how big the name of the person running it before signing on that dotted line for year round. So I do hope none of you are being made to make a decision before you get there to reserve a spot year round.

It also might be helpful to speak to several people who participated in the first year of, for example, the Joffrey Trainee program, and find out if the pitfalls of a new program were overshadowed by the training offered or vice versa. (and I have no information either way, just would be my place to start) While Joffrey Trainees was a higher level program in terms of age, I do think some of those parents would be helpful with questions to ask when deciding about a new year round program now that they have a year under their belt. And those questions would help some of you trying to make a decision.

They would like you to decide by July 1 and the SI begins mid August. However, they are offering an option to come beginning in January for second semester.

I agree that it makes sense to attend the SI first.

Does the school have it's physical building intact yet? Is it possible for an advance visit and sit down meeting prior to the SI and the July 1 deadline for those not in the area? While I know that is a huge financial decision to make two trips, my concern for any of our dancers is in making sure that everything one would do if you were considering NCSA, Harid, Walnut Hill, etc. etc. that one does in this situation. It is very easy to forget that and just believe in the name of the person and the excitement that's been building because of the school and it's programs opening.

Has anyone received the year round packet that is suppose to come at the end of May?

My daughter got hers, big debate right now is school as she has two years left and deciding if we can afford to support to house holds.

Hi everyone! Is there anyone here who is most likely attending Gelsey's year round program next year who is looking for housing options? If so, is anyone looking into finding other students to find housing together, perhaps to rent an apratment?

Does any one know where the studios are for year round? Is anyone going to year round?

My daughter has been accepted, and we are considering. We have some other options and scholarship offers, so...we'll see. They have scheduled a phone conference with us for tomorrow so that we can get all questions answered:0 I will post when I know for sure.

I was told that the studios for year round would be available to visit during the SI (I was inquiring to see them since we are considering year round) and that possibly (potentially, hopefully) complete towards the end of the SI for a class or two.