Ballet Talk for Dancers

Please Delete

Guest hannahannie

• Administrators

Welcome to Ballet Talk for Dancers, hannahhannie. :) We are glad that you have joined us and hope that we will be able to help you in your quest for professional track ballet.

We do have a number of members from Australia, so I'm quite sure that you will receive some information on pointe shoe fitting in Melbourne and also schools in Adelaide.

As to the riding, that can be a problem. Not just injuries, but the way the leg muscles are used in riding is quite opposite to what is needed in ballet. Riding once in a while for fun might be fine, but doing it daily is not going to work very well. As a pro-track student, if you get into that kind of program, you will probably not have time for riding anyway.

As you turn 14 this summer, I would hope that you can find a school that offers 90 minutes technique classes and dedicated pointe classes. We recommend 5 to 6 technique classes per week, and two pointe classes when you are just starting, but more later. One hour technique classes are not generally long enough to contain all that is needed for Intermediate and Advanced level students.

• Administrators

Hannah, why don't you try asking this on the Pointe Shoe forum. I think someone there might be able to help you. :clapping: