Ballet Talk for Dancers

First venture

paxaman0

O.K. I biked down to my local dance store Assemble Dancewear (a great place by the way) and I got the opportunity to try on a unitard, a leotard, a dance belt and some tights.

I couldn't believe how expensive the things were! All in all just to join ballet it is going to cost me around $85-100! So I had a couple more questions. To save me the bucks couldn't I just use a jockstrap that I already have? I didn't mind the dance belts that they had there in fact it was incredibly comfortable I was surprised that I liked the thong version better than the seated one. But yeah, I'm trying to save money so couldn't I just use a jockstrap during perfomances?

Also, they had some really nice tights and some of them were footed. They were very comfortable and felt great on me! I was suprised too that they came i my size because most of the men's stuff I figured would be too big for me because it usually is. OHHHH I'm soo broke on cash!! I only get $10 a week and if I want everything it will probablly be $100-125 or more plus the fees to join Zamuel Ballet school. I need a job. Badly lol I wonder if any dane store could use some workers lololol!

Save $$$ on the unitard. You won't need it if you have a leotard and men's tights to wear over. In fact, you can save on the leotard, too, as you're just getting started. A fitted tee-shirt, like the kind you get from UnderArmour will do just fine for now. And no, the ordinary jockstrap is not an acceptable substitute for a dance belt, especially for stage!

second Mel here - Buy whatever you can in "normal" shops - t-shirts, biker-shorts (but take care, you don't want the padded-crouch one) and such can be bought MUCH cheaper in other shops. Also, check out local sports-shops for wrestler wear! They sell all kinds of shorts, leotards and typical wrestler-shorts (you know, with straps over the shoulders?! Easily covered with a tee) to a price usually much lower than specialized dancewear, and does the job just as well. Actually, I prefer much of my "not dancewear" clothing to my specialized dancewear!

O.K. I biked down to my local dance store Assemble Dancewear (a great place by the way) and I got the opportunity to try on a unitard, a leotard, a dance belt and some tights.... I didn't mind the dance belts that they had there in fact it was incredibly comfortable I was surprised that I liked the thong version better than the seated one. But yeah, I'm trying to save money so couldn't I just use a jockstrap during perfomances?

What kind of dance store allows customers to try on dance belts and men's leotards? Regardless, to start ballet classes all you need are: gym shorts, a t-shirt, gym socks, and a dance belt. If you can afford ballet shoes and a dance belt you will be more than prepared for your first dance class.