Ballet Talk for Dancers
Our Thanks and Gratitude to Everyone Who Has Contributed to Our 2020 Fundraiser <3 <3 <3
ddm

Average height ranges of major US companies

balletgirl22sk

My daughter years ago auditioned for a cattle call and was told in front of all by AD that he loved her but she was too short for the company! Disappointing but at least she knew it wasn't her dancing.

Chibikko

I have been following a dancer on Youtube who was graduated from Bolshoi. She is about 5 feet, competed at Prix De Lausanne and is still dancing professionally however at a rather small company. Leads me thinking as a small dancer, it is not entirely impossible to have a professional career but it definitely won't be easy - even when you graduated from a prestigious school

learningdance

Well yes.  Masha. .. an amazing talent. . . .truly one of the best in the world. 

Monet

Masha, is world renowned and has danced with San Francisco Ballet as well as ABT she has now basically moved on to dancing when and where she wants!  She was not just at a small company.  She is truly a Prima!