Ballet Talk for Dancers

Contemperary training ... Help!

ballet4life737

Note to moderators: I don't know if I posted this in the right place so if I didn't please fix it! I really wasn't sure where to place this.. Thanks :wink:

I am very serious in my ballet training, but I realized as I was looking at ballet competitions for next year that I am interested in participating in, I am lacking one element: contemperary training. During this summer, I have a three week break in which I would love to extend my knowledge in this danceform. I don't know how to go about looking for a studio for this training or if someone could give me some reccommendatioms that would be great! Thanks in advance.

When you say, "Contemporary" training, do you mean contemporary as in Modern & Jazz, or do you mean as in "Contemporary Dance" from competition-style studios?

The Modern and Jazz type of Contemporary that can be found in choreography for professional companies or colleges, as that is where I would like to take my dancing.