Ballet Talk for Dancers

studio

My DD is at a 5 week program in NYC right now, and when I went to drop her off, we took a walk to the new location for the GKACB studio. We took the downtown 1 train to Canal St. It was about a 7-10 minute walk from there. It's not in the greatest location...above a fabric store, and no street access at this time. there were nice big windows, and I can see that possibly it could end up being a nice facility, but I cannot see it being ready by August or even September!

My concern is the travelling to/from the studio, and no current RA/chaperone staff in place. I think artistically, it's top notch...,but as parents, we need to consider ALL factors, safety being #1!

• Administrators

Kelli, not sure which program you are talking about, but I would like to change the title to reflect which program it is. I'm guess Grace Kelly Academy of Classical Ballet? Do we have any other information on the board about this academy?

Or Gelsey Kirkland Academy of Classical Ballet?

We do have a dedicated thread for that program, so if that is the program you are commenting on, we'll move this to that thread.

• Administrators

Oh yes, that too. I forgot about that, even though I realized I had not heard of a Grace Kelly Academy! :wink:

Given her description, I think she is referring to Gelsey Kirkland's new school. Kelli the people at Ms. Kirkland's school are so nice. You can call and ask them if they think the studios will be ready.