Ballet Talk for Dancers

Canada Ballet Post-Secondary Program

aspire.dream.dance

I will be finishing high school soon and I would like to audition for a post-secondary ballet program. I have danced since I was three, have rather short legs, am slender, ok turnout and am really flexible. My favourite part about my dancing would be my arms and my control (legs). I hardly do an pointe though (less than an hour each week) buy I love it!

What should I work on before auditioning for a psp? eg what key attributes would they be looking for at the national?

What are some good psp's in canada?

Thanks,

Mary

Hello Mary,

Are you talking about Canada's National Ballet School? Are you Canadian? Have you taken any ballet exams? Are you looking for post secondary schools that have dance programs or a post secondary professional ballet program? Sorry, many questions and no answers to your questions. However, your comment on the amount of pointe you have been doing lead to my questions to help perhaps point you in the right direction.

• 3 months later...

Are you talking about Canada's National Ballet School?

yes

Are you Canadian?

yes

Have you taken any ballet exams?

Cecchetti advanced 1

Are you looking for post secondary schools that have dance programs or a post secondary professional ballet program?

ballet please!

Sorry, many questions and no answers to your questions. However, your comment on the amount of pointe you have been doing lead to my questions to help perhaps point you in the right direction.

3 years 1 class each week

What are some good psp's in canada?

I know of Quinte, Victoria, Winnipeg, Alberta, the National, Oakville School of Dance, Canadian Ballet Theater. Any more?

You might also want to consider the Goh Ballet in Vancouver

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...