Ballet Talk for Dancers

Gutted!

Merry

I could do with a part time job, but today I happened to take DD to our local dancewear shop which has been run by the same lady for about 25 years, only to find she has taken on two assistants one of whom only started today. If only I had gone in there a couple of weeks ago that might have been me working there today. (well, it would have been a possibility in any case)

I am very cross!! lol

If only I had gone in there a couple of weeks ago that might have been me working there today. (well, it would have been a possibility in any case)

Hi!

Perhaps you could still express your interest just in case one of the new hires doesn't work out, just a suggestion!

Regards,

Ro

Good idea, Hippy Skippy Ro!

Maybe it's fate that the item I wanted to buy was not in stock (first time ever) and so they ordered it and I have to call back on Tuesday. *crosses fingers* lol

I would definitely mention that you are interested! I dont know about where you live but definitely where I live shop owners are always keen for reliable interested people (by interested I mean interested in what the shop is selling) and even if they cannot take you on now, if it is meant to be, it will be.

lol Thanks Balletlove!

Until las Sat the shop had rarely had anyone else than the owner working, and any additional help on busy days had come from her husband, but I know the owner has been ill and from time to time over the last year the shop has been closed, which I guess is what has lead to this new development. I shall definitely say something if the owner is there on Tuesday.

Well, I was brave and said my piece when I went to the shop today. It turns out the two new assistants are the owners nieces ( I thought they looked alike) and they were only there because the owner's husband has the 'flu and couldn't come into the shop on Saturday.

Oh well - I tried! lol

No harm no foul as we say. It never hurts to let folks know you'd be interested in working, it might open a door. Or a window!