Ballet Talk for Dancers
Clara 76

Les Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo

Hamorah

Or Sagi, an Israeli, is a dancer in the company. He came back here last year to perform in a Gala celebrating 20 years of the Mia Arbatova ballet competition. He danced the Dying Swan solo and was quite brilliant in it - he was really funny. Actually, whilst he was over he joined the classes that I do too in the mornings and you could have knocked me down with the proverbial feather when he changed into pointe shoes half way through! I hadn't actually realised what the Troks do or that they were funny! When he came on in the Gala in the swan tutu and started moulting all over the stage, I was doubled up with laughter. Now that I know what it's all about, I wish the whole company would come here.

lovemydancers

One of my DD's teachers as a youngster was a former Trock. There was a close-up photo of him in the studio, and many people didn't realize it was a man! He's an exceptional make-up artist (would play Drosselmeyer with a completely different, unrecognizable look every year).

ami1436

If you can, Hamorah, grab one of their DVDs. Their version of Paquita cracks me up, but also their dvds can be shown to demonstrate how important interpretation and acting are to a role!

gimpydancer

Hamorah - it looks like they'll be performing in Israel in November! Check out the performances tab on their website at trockadero.org.

GTLS - I thought of you after the performance because I remembered you had mentioned that you had been in Trocks. I hope you know what an awesome gift they (and you) give. To be able to make such a broad range of people laugh, from young children to grandparents, from non-dancers to professionals, is SO amazing! And to do it with such technique!

GTLS Designs
Kudos to you, former Trock! When you teach/coach, you can honestly say that you have done it all. Gives a whole new perspective. :pinch:

When I am do any guest teaching, or am new to a ballet studio, I open with this line:

"I've danced as a boy, and a girl. I've danced in flat shoes, pointe shoes, and bare feet. I've partnered, and been partnered. I've danced the Classic's, Balanchine Ballets, Contemporary Works, and Modern masterpieces. I've performed in 22 countries and 35+ states. I've been in the Corps, the Principal Ballerina & Premier Danseur in the same ballet. I am one of the few people that you will ever meet that really knows what it feels like to 'do it all,' and who has 'been there and done that'."

Clara 76

You should be very proud!! Your boys are carrying the torch rather well and with panache! So, how'd your feet do in pointe shoes????

Hamorah

Gimpy - what fun that they are coming here in November - I shall definitely go and see them! Thanks for that bit of info!

gimpydancer

Hamorah - didn't think you'd want to miss them! :innocent:

GTLS Designs
You should be very proud!! Your boys are carrying the torch rather well and with panache! So, how'd your feet do in pointe shoes????

It took a little while to find the right shoe...

*I started with Bloch Synergy - they ended up being at least a size too small, and maybe 2 sizes too narrow...

*Next was a Block Signature Rehearsal - I had one size for my right foot (shorter and wider), and one size for my left foot (longer and narrower) - I was fitted in NYC.

*Then I got Bloch Alpha's IN Melbourne BEFORE they came to the USA!! They ended up twisting, so I got a special order of XXXX, that took 10 weeks to get in....

*In the mean time, Capezio offered to make me specials that came in in 2 weeks...

*MY SHOE = Odette 11EEE w/D heel + hardened paste at the tip, flattened pleats, cut down arch side, scrapped bottom, drawstrings on the inside edge (not center front), and 1/2 shank. I LOVE/LOVED THEM!!!!!!! I started with no padding, but slowly added (don't hate on me) 2 Ouch Pouches (1 old and nearly flat, 1 new). I found that this made my shoes UBER/SUPER crazy tight, and if I pointed my pinky toe, the shoe would move.... and by the way, I hated the Alpha's once they came in!!!

*Also, I've NEVER, EVER, EVER had a blister of any kind, no black toe nails, no calluses, no corns, no bunions... NOTHING!!! There are lots of pictures out there with me :innocent:

Clara 76

Aw!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!!!! I don't hate you for your ouch pouches..... :o

I would love to see pictures of you as a trock!!! :wub:

GTLS Designs
Aw!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!!!! I don't hate you for your ouch pouches..... :jawdrop:

I would love to see pictures of you as a trock!!! :wub:

I've lost your email address..... and your PM folder is always full!!!

gav

Not about the Columbus performance per se... If anyone here in Toronto is interested in seing the Trocks this weekend, there's a substantial discount to be taken here ($48 for $120 tickets), but you can only get it today. The link goes to a discount for Thursday's performance, but there are links from there to the Friday and Saturday performances too. Be sure to check the fine print, which I haven't done myself.

Clara 76

gtls-

you can find it on the pointe shoe forum in the sticky about company shoes!!

Kini

Reviving old thread here, just found out the Trocs are going to be here in Denver March 20, 2014 for one performance, I’ve never purchased tickets so far in advance but I’m glad I did, theater is more than half sold out and it’s only August.

Clara 76

So jealous!!!!! You will LOVE them!!!!