Ballet Talk for Dancers
Clara 76

Les Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo

Kini

One of the professional companies I ever got to audition for a long time ago in another life time (the 80's and no I didn't get accepted). Saw them in Denver back then and think I've watched every video they have since, DD and I howl with laughter every time we watch.

diane

I am also envious that you will get to see them live!

One of the things I really like about them is that they are seriously good dancers and, although pushing into satire and persiflage, there appears always a deep love and - I think - respect for ballet.

And, there is something about the dynamics of some movements which male dancers often have, which females are seldom able to produce in quite the same way, which is very compelling.

So cool. :)

-d-

Willimus

One of the Trocks takes the class I take at Steps when he is in NYC. His pointe technique is better than most of the girls...perhaps all of the girls. I haven't seen them in years...but have always loved them.

flyingpancake

I can totally relate Clara 76. I looked them up on youtube, and after seeing the Little Swans variation (which I'm currently learning) I can't take it seirously...

VladPereira

I love the Ballet Trockadero,
It was my dream to join the company and travel the world performing such a fun repertoire!!1
My favourite pieces from them are: Go For Barocco, Yes Virginia, Swan Lake, Les Sylphides, Paquita, Les Grand Pas de Catre and meny other!
They are excellent!

dancemaven

VladPereira, Welcome to BT4D! We are happy to have you join our community and look forward to getting to know you through various discussions.

However, I must ask you to edit your profile and remove your 'signature line'. It is against BT4D policy to self-promote one's business, personal sites, or advertise. We do not permit links to personal blogs or solicitations.

Please do take a little time to nose around our site, see how the Board works, and take some time to read and familiarize yourself with our Rules and Policies.

mamabear

They are going to be performing in Vancouver on January 24th. Dd and I are so excited to be able to finally see them live!

Kini

Got to see them year and half ago, I don't remember when I have laughed and applauded so much, my hands stung for hours afterwards. Have fun! Wish I could go also.

Sarabande

I have only seen them on Youtube but would love to see a live performance... love their Dying Swan and Paquita... :lol: