Ballet Talk for Dancers

Leotards with good support...?

BallerinaMom

BallerinaMom

Hello again. It's been a while since I've been on--sorry!

I need some leotards that are cute but have good support up top. I'm a 34D (I blame my children for this...!!!) and have just been wearing my regular bra during class but am very self-conscious as there seems to be a lot of "movement" up top. I'd really like something that will keep things still. Any suggestions?

Oh, I also forgot to ask about a nudie. I will be in the spring performance and will need something for under my costume. I sure miss the days when I didn't have to worry about this.... :wallbash:

Thanks in advance!!!

Edited by BallerinaMom

Take a pair of tights and cut the legs off around the knees, and the center part (software won't let me describe further, but where the legs meet) to make a hole for your head, and wear the tights like a support shirt under your leos!

luceroblanco

We had a long thread about this a while back. One of the recommendations was TWO sports bras under the leo for class. There were also links to online stores to buy heavy duty sports bras.

I've found wearing a bra that is one size too small minimizes bounce much more than a normal bra - but it's not completely gone.

BallerinaMom
We had a long thread about this a while back. One of the recommendations was TWO sports bras under the leo for class. There were also links to online stores to buy heavy duty sports bras.

Oh, I wish I could find this thread....

I am a 34 DD/E (depending on the bra manufacturer) and I wear Capezio CC202. I do really well with this leotard, and with unlined leotards I wear a Natori underwire sports bra, and today I tried on a Moving Comfort high impact sports bra that will probably be my next purchase in this department. My teacher does a Vaganova class, and we have loads of petit allegro, with these at my disposal I do very well with minimal bouncing.

• 2 weeks later...
TemptressToo

I'm a 34 C...and I recently discovered Vala leos...

They are built for a woman's body, I love them!