Ballet Talk for Dancers

Better prices on dance clothes, shoes?

backstagemom

I just bought DD a pair of black jazz shoes and pink tights for her informal demonstration. Now I have to buy suntan jazz shoes, suntan tights for something else. I suspect the local dance stores are charging me an arm and a leg. What can I do to save money? Any online sources?

BackBay Dancewear, Discount Dance, Tutu.com, Allaboutdance, Merdegirl, Danny's warehouse.......

• 1 month later...

I definitely prefer to shop on-line. Discount Dance (as mentioned), and Dancewear Solutions are my general favorites. Some stores have better prices on different brands, some don't carry brands I'm looking for. If there is something specific like a pointe shoe or a brand of tights, I'll do a Google search and look for the cheapest price.

Hello.. I'm looking for a dance store thats in washington DC.. any good ones? she is currently attending a SI just wanted to see if there was a faster option for her in case she needs something fast.

Hello.. I'm looking for a dance store thats in washington DC.. any good ones? she is currently attending a SI just wanted to see if there was a faster option for her in case she needs something fast.

I just went to Kirov's summer intensive and they gave us a list of places. There are two places that are close to Washington, DC. One of them has a online store and is MD, and the other is in MD and does not.

Les Gals Active Wear

lesgalsactivewear.com

Repeat Performance

5050 Nicholson Lane

Rockville, MD 20852

301-881-0800

Hope I could help :rolleyes:

• Administrators

PointePrincess, I left your last post, but only because it appeared to be helpful to the oringinal poster. Young Dancers are not allowed to post on the Parent's forums. Your first post here was deleted.