Ballet Talk for Dancers

Exciting News

NewtoDance

It has been a while since I posted here. My son started dancing last September and he loved it so much that he asked to take 2 classes a week. Well it is now almost the end of his first year of dance and he has progressed so quickly that his teachers told me I should audition him at Canada's National Ballet School for their Associates Program. It is an hour drive from our house, but it meant that, if he was selected, he would be able to dance in an all male class. I asked him if he was interested, and, of course, he said yes. Well, we took him down to Toronto for the audition and much to our surprise he made it into the School and will be taking 2 classes a week starting in September. He is very excited and we are very happy for him.

Edited by NewtoDance
Mel Johnson

This is certainly good news, and you are very generous parents to give your boy the backing to proceed, especially so young.

JacquelineInAus

Congratulations, that's wonderful news! How exciting for you both!

~ Jackie

Congratulations to your son. You are so supportive to be willing to make the drive!

That would be my sons dream! Good for you both :thumbsup:

Thank you. Tell your son that if he has a passion and works hard anything can happen!

Edited by NewtoDance
Congratulations, that's wonderful news! How exciting for you both!

~ Jackie

Thank you. He is very much looking forward to September!